- 5 pounds russet potatoes washed and peeled. Diced into \’bd inch cubes
- 1 small/medium yellow onion diced
- 5 cloves of garlic minced (if you use jarred, it’s a 2\’bd teaspoon)
- 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- crumbled bacon optional topping
- shredded cheese optional topping
- green onion optional topping
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended. (Alternately you could remove half the soup and the cream cheese to an upright blender, then re-incorporate).
- Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy!
I made this tonight. It was great! I would have used more shredded cheese and added in green onion to make it more of a “loaded baked potato soup”, and I might crumble bacon for my husband. Instead of Seasoned Salt, I used Mrs. Dash since it’s what I had in our pantry.
Overall, we gave it 3.5 out of 5 stars. It will definitely go into the rotation.